Thursday, April 1, 2010

Excuses, Excuses...

Weight this Morning: 184.5lbs
Goal:150lbs
Mood: Guilty

Okay so I just checked email - which is something else I'm trying to be better about - and I saw Aubrey's comment and then the excuses I've had for not working out have all come flooding back. I thought about listing them here but why bother. Whatever the excuse the result is still the same...no trips to the gym. I wont make it today either but maybe tomorrow? I have been eating well and that's an accomplishment for me. Typically, if I'm not working out I definitely don't care about what I eat...it's usually all or none.

I feel sorry for my husband. He has been working like a dog lately. He has been leaving very early in the morning and coming back very late at night for the past two weeks. And it doesnt look like things will let up yet. Part of me gets slightly irritated from time to time because that's longer I'm with the kids by myself without help but I know he would much rather be here than there. I'm just praying that God will make things better for him very soon. I miss having him around and I hate to hear him dreading work so much. It brings back memories of last year.

Speaking of last year, I'm nervous about working again. I still have awhile before I have to go back to work but before I know it January will be here. I've really been enjoying being at home. Even when both kids are driving me completely nuts I would STILL choose to be at home with them than work. I like being able to pay attention to them and not be stressed out so much about the limited time I have to clean the house, run errands, take care of the kids and cook food. To be honest, I still dont get time to get everything done but I blame that on Rachel and her ridiculously long feedings. I'm also nervous about being able to get another job. What if no one wants me and we run out of money! I have quit the last three jobs because the hours have been too long. I don't want to get into that situation again. The truth still remains that my priorities in life are my family and church. If work is going to consistently take time away from those activities I'm going to be unhappy again. I feel like some might think that I'm being unrealistic and if it is and I cant find a job that will give me normal hours at least most of the time I'm going to have to get out of finance I guess. God help me if I have to go back to school...

Rebekah is about done eating her apple which means my free time is over. I should read this over before posting but then I dont have time now so forgive me for grammatical errors and for jumping from one thought to the next without any warning.

1 comment:

Aubs said...

Don't stress about not getting out of the house to workout. Maybe try to teach Rebekah to do a crab crawl, bear walk, etc...you know those agility type exercises you did in elementary school. I tried doing some of those with the kids and boy was I tired. It is a start and if you are eating healthy that is so much better.
I hear you about work too. I have been out now for 5 years. I just don't know that I would be hired back in finance. Have you thought about going to work for your church? I have thought about a number of things, but agree with you in that I want to be here with the kids.