Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hodge Podge

Weight This Morning: 172.5lbs
Goal Weight: 140lbs
Mood: Tired and Confused mixed in with Thankful

Oh where to begin...I guess quick pointless weightloss update. Given my use of the term "pointless" I think it's obvious that I haven't worked out in forever and I ate like a person trying to gain 35 pounds rather than lose 35 pounds all weekend. I didnt get my workout in yesterday either because I think I was avoiding the gym. BUT I now have an MP3 player with updated songs and I truly cannot wait to hear them while on the treadmill! So I'll be stopping there before going to pick up Rebekah this afternoon...God willing!

My mom is going to India because my grandparents can use some extra help. My grandmother (Amma) had surgery and is recovering while my grandfather (Appachen) has quite a few lung problems and other issues that he was hospitalized for. They are both doing much better now and are at home but I'm sure having one of their children come home will help and I know my mom really wants to see them. I havent been to India since 1995 and I feel terrible about it. There's always something...Current issue is lack of vacation mixed in with the fact that with Rebekah's limited food choices I'll have a tough time keeping her well fed. I need to go though. She needs to meet her only living great grandparents and she is their first great grandchild and they really want to see her. I hope God will provide a very obvious way for us to go. In the meantime, my mom will leave on Thursday and will be gone for a month.

This past weekend was incredible! We had our Girl's Bible Study which included almost all of our church girls as well as some of my close girlfriends. The topic we studied was Eternal Perspective and we focused on Hebrews 12:1-2 and 2Samuel 11:1-12:25. Julie and I have been talking about the topic for awhile and we worked like crazy putting the study together and praying that God would allow it to be a blessing to everyone that came. Given everyone's reactions it seemed like God really answered our prayers. I'm really encouraged by the response we got. I did notice though that it is really hard not to accidentally steal a little glory from God. I have literally been praying that God would not let me get any kind of big head just because this went so well. It's really hard when everyone is saying how much they enjoyed the study to not think "Wow, I actually did a good job!" I know with all of my heart that the only reason it went so smoothly is because of God but I think consciously reminding myself of that every once in awhile helps keep my feet on the ground. I really did enjoy working on the study though and I hope God will continue to teach me things and help me to keep participating in this kind of thing. I also hope that I will always be willing to do it.

Rebekah is doing good. She is growing so quickly - mentally anyway - and I feel like we cant keep up. Her reasoning skills, her vocabulary and her sometimes smart mouth continue to amaze us. I think she's going through her terrible three's which I did hear about from other parents and I just feel like I am again being inconsistent in the way I am reacting to her attitude. I just need to pray for wisdom because intuition is not making me feel too comfortable. She still can be such a sweet little girl though...she's quick with "I love you very much" and "I missed you so much when you were at work" and the big tight hugs around the neck but when her evil twin appears I am instantly beaten down. Cannot imagine life without her though!!!

No comments: