Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Nostalgia

Weight This Morning: 174lbs
Goal Weight: 140lbs
Mood: Undecided/Sleepy

So last night for some reason Jacob decided to put on our wedding video. When it comes to our wedding video Jacob and I have opposite roles in comparison to the norm. He would watch it once a week or maybe once a month whereas we have now been married almost 5 years and last night was only the second time I'd ever seen it. I am also not the typical girl when it comes to wedding. I can certainly appreciate attending a nicely planned wedding but I have absolutely no interest in discussing the details of everything. Wedding planning was a horrible beating for me. By the day of the wedding I hadnt slept in two days and I was exhausted. Everything went off well and without any VISIBLE hitches but I just have a very real memory of how stressed and tired I was the morning of my wedding. So I really hate to watch that video and recall my mood that morning. Obviously as the day progressed the stress wore off and you can see how genuinely happy I am at the reception. It truly was probably the greatest day of my life but I still cant help cringe when I think about that morning. Anyway, because we watched that video I stayed up later than usual and that's why I'm sleepy today.

I did get some cooking done. I cooked some Indian food last night. Nothing difficult but even the "easy" stuff takes me some time to do. I still have more cooking to do but I probably wont get to that until Thursday. Tonight I'm going to meet two old coworkers up for dinner. I miss my old coworkers. I kind of grew up at the last company I worked for. I started there while I was still in college, got married while I was there, had a kid while I was there, and had all kinds of personal drama during that 6 years. I left because the company was not the same as it once was but I miss being around people that I knew and that knew me. We're going to have Mexican tonight which is absolutely my biggest weakness. I could eat chicken enchiladas, rice and refried beans everyday and not get sick of it. That being said I absolutely cannot eat that tonight! Somehow I'm going to have to find something healthy to eat tonight. I wonder how many calories are in refried beans...I really want to work out before dinner too but I dont know if I'll be able to swing that either. I guess I'll you know what happens!

No comments: